CHERRY SILICA WAX 12oz
1 in stock
Wax is far from dead.
We actually happen to love wax. So much that it was our goal to make a wax that’s completely fortified using silica (SiO2) ingredients rather than carnauba wax. By doing this detailers can benefit from the superior protective properties of silica which far outlasts carnauba wax. How? Silica isn’t vulnerable to heat and detergents like a carnauba wax so it will always protect your paint longer! What’s really cool is this stuff can be applied in direct sun and sets up perfectly making it the ultimate wax for those dealing with the elements. Your ride will look Cherry, guaranteed.
How do you apply?
- By hand using a blue microfiber applicator
- Dual Action polisher with ANY soft foam polishing or finishing pad.
How do you maintain?
- Whether you use Cherry silica wax as stand alone protection OR as a topper to a ceramic coated vehicle, always wash using our Shift Soap.
- Use our Clutch silica spray every 2-3 months to keep the layer of Cherry performing it’s best.
- For maximum slickness, gloss and water beading – use our Punch-It synergy spray after each weekly cleaning.
- If applying in direct sun only apply to (2) panels and then wipe off.
- If applying indoors or shade, apply to the entire vehicle and then remove.
- Use Throttle detail spray to remove any stubborn residue.
- Use Cherry as stand alone protection, ceramic coating topper or pair with our Burn Out reconditioning cream OR Slick Back Primer Polish for the ultimate silica based combo.
A – Cherry is not the best against harsh winter months conditions like salted roads and other elements that come with winter. You might automatically think it would because of the silica but the silica in Cherry has different benefits rather than being superior in its protection over our Daddy-O sealant. The highlights of Cherry are excellent self-cleaning abilities and a very unique crystal like shine. Daddy-O definitely holds up better in winter months. The resins in Daddy-O are extremely durable and this product leaves more of a warm carnauba wax like glow on the paint. The only catch is if your vehicle is ceramic coated – you will want to stay with the same silica based products to partner with the self-cleaning abilities of the ceramic coating. If you introduce Daddy-O you’re going to change the function of that ceramic coating and during summer months the vehicle will attract more dust and get dirtier faster like traditional wax/sealed vehicles do because the finish has a microscopic “tackiness” to it.Personal example on my truck:
My Silverado never sees snow, salted roads or heavy mud. The most it sees is a dirt road or grime left from a good rain (which we don’t get much of in California, lol). Outside of that, it just gets dusty. I have professional ceramic coating on my truck from years ago and I keep the truck strictly maintained with Shift Soap, Cherry, Clutch and Punch-iT. My truck stays extremely clean during the week and dust doesn’t want to stick to it.